Sunday, May 23, 2010

"Are we really ready to take Initiatives"

Well.... I hope everybody of you have watched the social awareness adds by Lead India, Jaago Mission and other such organizations and I am also damn sure that they had also awaken you to do something great and good for your country and its citizens( at least for 10 to 15 min. I think).
Now why I am saying all this? This is a great question indeed, because a recently something happened with me and I was confused that whether its really worth it to take any initiative for the betterment of the people or not.
Two days back I was going somewhere in my home town and for that I had to cross a place called "Chang Gate" which is quiet a busy place and traffic runs in all four directions at that place. One information for all of you is that our city doesn't have traffic lights and I beg your pardon to say that the traffic police is of no use( I have a reason for that too). That evening against all odds, I saw a traffic jam at that place... isn't it a WOW thing that you are struck in a traffic jam and that too in a place which has a population of just 2.5-3 lakhs. The condition was such that each and everybody was in a hurry to get out of it as soon as possible but no body was ready to give anybody other any side.... and then first time in my life I took initiative to sort out a way to clear the way so that traffic could become OK... but this did not last for more than 5 minutes because as soon as I stepped out of my car( I generally avoid driving car, but my work was such that I had to use car) and asked a gentleman( which was only till he did not open his mouth to speak) to move his vehicle a bit backward because he was standing with his bike right in the middle of the road. The reply which he gave was " Mein kyu hatu, aur tu kahin ka prime minister aaya hai kya jo mujhe bol raha hai".........again I must use WOW... that was so disastrous that I sat back into my car and waited the traffic to run smoothly. People somehow managed to again bring the traffic to normal in 15 min. and till that time there was no Traffic policeman there as they were busy in making challans just a km ahead.
Now after this do you still feel that it is feasible to take initiatives, where people do not have the right attitude to talk leave aside any other sense. Our father of the nation said that BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD, that too fails at some point of time.... how people are going to change when they are not ready to listen what other person is trying to say..... Its still a big challenge.....

2 comments:

  1. you are very much correct dear... that's one of the many problems in the INDIAN ATTITUDE. We all can abuse the system but whenever anybody tries to bring in some solutions for it, we only are the obstacles.
    Only the persons those who don't have any dignity or self respect can change the things, but again they don't want to change anything..... :)
    hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I jus wana say nothing will be done unless we do.............
    jus try to change ourself........ya m also break d rules wen m in hurry.....bt if u have enough time then jus go wid the rules........v cant change others 'yar hum prime minister toh h nhi....
    m jus trying to follow d rules as far as i can...........
    jus wht i can do..............
    nice one...........
    i m agreed................

    ReplyDelete